Jessner pH 1.8
42% Jessner peel works on the skin to remove the top layer of dead skin cells and encourage new, younger looking skin to come through. While many chemical peels can cause lasting discoloration on darker skin, a recent small study found that a modified Jessner’s solution safely and effectively reduces melasma and pigment imperfections in darker skin. The Jessner peel is typically a medium peel, which means it removes skin cells from the top layer of your skin, the epidermis, and the upper portion of the middle layer, the dermis. However, it can also be used as a superficial peel, which has a faster healing time but needs to be performed more often to get the results of a deeper peel.
- Dark patches
- Age spots
- Scars, wrinkles
- Acne scars
- Face — 5 minutes. If several layers are applied, interval of 5 minutes is maintained each time.
- Neck — 1–2 layers, time 2 minutes
- 5-6 procedures with an interval of 2-3 weeks. During the first session, it is desirable to apply 1-2 layers of the peeling composition.
- Overexposure time will not improve the effect.
- If the client experiences an uncomfortable sensation, remove immediately with cold water. This means that the skin is very sensitive, and the peel solution should be applied for no more than 1–2 minutes
- Apply Zena Neutraliser Foam and massage thoroughly, this solution will help restore skins PH levels, soothes and calms the skin
- Remove the Neutralising foam thoroughly with cold water
- Daily sunscreen protection must be applied (Minimum 30 SPF+)
- For clients above a Fitzpatrick III, a procedure perception test is required before peeling.
- Mandatory testing for sensitivity and allergic reaction (preliminary Protocol to the bend of the elbow or in the area behind the ear)
- After the peel, client skin may continue to burn or sting for 20 minutes or more. Skin may be red, swollen, and tight feeling sensation for the first 24-48hrs. The swelling will go down and skin will begin peeling.
It is necessary to store Jessner’s peeling in a dark container in a cool place with a tightly closed lid, since resorcinol darkens when exposed to air & direct light
Salicylic acid 12%, resorcinol 15%, Lactic acid 10%, Citric acid 5%